19 Aug 2014

Bout of Books 11, day 1


So much for my resolution to draw constantly these last weeks before my move...instead I got sucked into the allure and festive feelings of the Bout of Books 11.0 readathon.

For those who doesn't know, a readathon is like a marathon but instead of running a lot, you read a lot.

So for this week I decided that I want to try and read 5-6 books, so that I don't have to bring them down to Malmö with me. I might have taken a bigger bite than I can chew considering that I am also reading 5 other books at the same time...
But so far I've finished one book and over halfway with the second.


The first book that I read was Asylum by Madeleine Roux, a YA (young adult) horror novel that was a fairly easy read with a pretty straight forward story and a cliffhanger at the end.



The book after that is the further adventures of Sherlock Holmes: The Veiled Detective by David Stuart Davies and I am currently reading it.
Now this book is quite interesting actually. Mostly because Davies made some major changes to the characters and thus the storyline and due to his writing style the overall feeling of the books resembles the Sherlock BBC TV-series a lot. I have to check up when this was released and when the first pilot for the series was made. So far the novel has read like a movie for me, Davies and Doyle has very different writing styles and one  can tell very clearly that one of them is written during modern times trying to emulate an older writing style typical for the 1880s.
I could go on writing about this book, but I think I'm going to save it for a video review instead.

Aperantly there were this daily challenges as well that I missed to do, so I am making one of them below :

Bout of Books Scavenger Hunt


1. A Book that begins with “B”  (for Bout of Books!)

2. A book that has been made into a movie/tv show

3. A series you love

4. An anthology of poems or short stories

5. A book on your TBR shelf, or your full TBR shelves

That's about it for now. I'll be back later with this days challenges and stuff I think! 

No comments:

Post a Comment