7 Dec 2014

Changes, they spring upon you...


So I don't know if it was just a lucky coincidence or a heavy influence of reading Stephen Fry's book "Moab is my washpot", where he writes of how he lamented the process of aging and how the adolescent Stephen, the real Stephen, would be lost in the ever turning wheel of time (see what I did there? you book nerds should!), but I suddenly came to a decision today, that for me feels like a huge change.

What might it be?

Well my friend, I decided....to take out my lip-piercing.

And I feel horrible, like a bit of me is lost and that I am losing myself....which is rather weird and unnecessary, since it's merely a piece of metal through my lip....but damn it I will miss it and I will feel empty.

The reason behind the removal is purely based on the condition of my teeth, or more precisely, the condition of my gums. Sadly it (the labret) must have healed a bit wonky, since a part of it have chafed against my gums, and thus started to lower it to a level that I think is not healthy for my teeth.

So I removed it in hope that my gums will heal to it's former self and then maybe I will be able to pierce my lip again... but yet I feel in my heart that it probably wont happen...

But this means that I will probably get some new piercing...I still want to pierce my tongue and other nose-wing. I am also tempted to get a nose-ring....

Well I bid you goodnight now....feeling a bit lost and mature....

No comments:

Post a Comment